Monday, April 11, 2011

GGM

My blog seems to be taking on the characteristics of recording life cycle events. Yes, I have reached the next stage. Last year you read about the engagement and the wedding, now it is a birth - my first great grandchild. A baby boy, born in Toronto of April 9. The very same day his grandfather put in his appearance, 40++ years ago.


I remember it well, but in that year, I had just put away the very last remnant of the Pesach set up. I had procrastinated a few days, but on that Thursday I decided, it had to be done. Sure enough, that night my first son (second child) put in his appearance.


Like his grandfather, this new baby has shown early intelligence. He understood that it would be better to show up early, a few days would be OK, than to push his way into this world on Erev Pesach or during a Seder. My mother, also a spring baby – we were told that she waited, and was born after all the Pesach preparations were ready, just before the Seder, or was it just after? This goes to show, that whenever a new baby is born, before, during, or after, you can spin the event into what it really is: A true blessing! A joyous event!


I have been blessed twice in these last few weeks. Savta13 should have been been rebranded as Savta 15. (But you cant just foist a new brand on your adoring public – imagine if Coca Cola decided to become “‘Delishy’ Drinky” – but I digress!)


My 14th grand child, a boy, arrived in Jan 2009 and now I am at 15. It is Avi, my youngest, who has added these last two to my line up. Born in Israel, Hallel Ziona, number fifteen, came onto the scene just 4 weeks ago. But Savta 13 it will remain.

I am blessed!


A wonderful family festival is upon us, so look around the table and make mental notes of all your blessings. Put it in your memory bank to draw on, in stressful times. Chag Kascher veSameach to all friends & family. Very Happy Holiday to all.