Friday, August 10, 2007

My turn to party

After 5 long weeks of non stop house guests, it is almost my turn to party, or veg, depending on how I feel when I get back from the airport Sunday morning.

Picture it: I am a little old lady living alone in a condo and in the last five weeks my space has been variously invaded by anwhere between 5 and 10 house guests. Need I say more? You completely lose control. No square inch of space is your own.

My daily newspapers are massacred before I see them, and the baby's 'pooie' diapers beg my attention..........and this is often even before I have my morning coffee. The Mother is off running and father, well he'd rather just not do it, or maybe he is running too. Then it is baby's breakfast, and on and on. It just never stopped.

The daily menus were planned way in advanced and required multiple google searches for best recipes, not to mention the renown "Fine Cooking" magazine' recipes that must be followed to the letter. There was home made fettucine and lasagna, gnocchi twice. Can you believe we actually found a YouTube video on how to make it. At least the freezer will be well stocked with yummy leftovers.

Next up I'll tell you about the denouement, and report on my survival.