Monday, August 13, 2007

peace and quiet-I survived the summer of '07

It doesnt get any better than this. I can bellyache "b'li sof", but you all know the truth. The summer, so far was amazing.

Isnt it great? the appreciation of what was until now - the full house; lots of work; lots of shopping; lots of noise and lots of tripping over the Fisher Price people that spill out of the school bus as it was noisily yanked and jerked around my home.

Yesterday there was silence, the toys were collected, I didnt have to do anything at all if that is what I wanted. And I didnt turn into a maudlin empty nester, bemoaning my lonely existence. This too is great. Everything fell into its familiar rhythm very quickly.

The truth is I cant believe I was actually anxious about the summer, as I anticipated the house guests.

And then the new baby arrived and more guests wanted in on the Simcha of naming a baby girl. My heart was filled with joy and pleasure and Nachat. We missed you and your family, Ellen. Yaffa would surely have said: dont worry, Mom, there's room, it'll be OK. But you had already gone home and it wasnt to be.

For the next posting, it will be time to get serious. I will dig deep and come up with something.