Sunday, August 19, 2007

Now u see me

I have added my photo. Here I am with my crowning white glory. I am fond of saying that I honestly earned (as opposed to stealing) every single one of my gray hairs - which is why I would never hide it. It is hard to imagine living life for 65+ years, raising a family, running a home and household for many years, enjoying relative success in business and reaching retirement, without turning gray. And believe me if I tell you: it is not just an age thing

My house guests are still in house, but not in my house. I followed my kids to their next stop: Toronto. I have very limited responsibilities here. I do have to behave myself, and diapering is optional, but pleasurable. Since it isnt My Coffee or My Newspaper, nothing seems quite so pressing in the morning. I can almost be sociable.

We are into the second half of Aug so looking toward the fall, conversation turns to the chagim and the inevitable menu planning for many consecutive festive meals.

Do you know that much of the preparation I did in May and June for the summer invasion remains untouched in the freezer. I told you about the great leftovers, but menu planning with the girls, reached new heights. In the week before departure there were still 6 weeks worth of planned menus to execute (I just dont know if we were really expected to eat them as well). My freezer is ready for the Chagim, I can turn my attention to some of the many other pursuits that entice me.

I guess the serious blog will have to wait another little while.